Highfield Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry
To become a licenced member of the Security Industry Authority, the Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry qualification will be necessary.
About The Course:
The perfect candidate for this course would be an individual who wants to further their current role by becoming qualified in the use of CCTV cameras. Following this course, individuals will be able to apply for a Security Industry Authority (SIA) licence and begin working as a CCTV operator in public space surveillance. All training has been based on the specifications published by the SIA.
As a CCTV operator, you will be responsible for not only overseeing surveillance but also contacting emergency services in the event of an incident, communicating with ground staff and liaising with various departments. During your course, you will be trained in how to handle each of these situations safely and efficiently.
Your training course will be split into three sections; these are as follows:
- Unit 1: Working within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 3: Practical use of a CCTV System
Topics that will be throughout these units include:
- Characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- The importance of safe working practices
- Legislations regarding the misuse of drugs
- The purpose of CCTV systems and surveillance
- How to produce evidential documentation
This is a 4-day course which costs £250 per person, with a minimum class size of 5 and a maximum of 12. This means that it is possible to schedule for several team members to embark on training on the same day with the same tutor.
To assess this course, learners will undergo both practical assessments and multiple-choice examinations.